Preparing your garden for the winter? Here are some tips to help.
1. Clear up all the leaves from your pond, lawn, and the flower beds.
2. Put bird feed out to attract the winter birds.
3. Use grease bands on the trunks of your fruit trees to stop winter moth damage.
4. To prevent water logging raise containers on to pot feet.
5. Make sure outdoor containers are insulated.
6. Prune your roses.
7. Plant out winter bedding.
8. Get your tulip and lily bulbs planted ready for spring next year.
9. Cover the vegetables you have grown with netting.
10. Use a seasonal bonfire where safe to dispose of debris unfit for compost.
What we grow
Please view our gallery to see a selection of what we grow at Ravensworth.
Get in touch